We’re searching for an experienced production manager to oversee all aspects of photo/video shoots and events and manage the production of each from concept through completion. If you are passionate, creative, detail oriented, and dedicated to help bring ideas to life, this position is for you! The role is hands-on and requires excellent leadership skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities to meet quality expectations.
What you will do
- Manage multiple projects, from planning to execution, assess priorities and ensure timely execution of all ongoing projects.
- Responsible for the development and management of project schedules and budget and take full ownership of them.
- Responsible for briefing and leading internal teams and external vendors.
- Coordinate and manage third party suppliers (production houses, event companies, printers, freelancers, etc.).
- Work in collaboration with client services department and manage client needs.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining key production/event documents including budget, schedule, run of show, contact list, etc.
- Photo and video shoots: Help coordinate shoots – book talent and crew, scout and book locations and recording studios. Negotiate fees with suppliers and ensure good relationship is maintained.
- Print production: coordinate with various printers for quotes, help source all digital, offset and large format printing, negotiate for best price/quality.
- Assess and resolve issues that may arise during the execution of projects by providing creative and business solutions.
- Lead pre-event & day of production (shoots and events). Train, supervise and motivate event staff. Ensure staff follows policies and procedures.
- Ensure quality at all stages of project execution.
What you will bring
- University degree (preferably in communication, fine arts, advertising).
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as Production Manager.
- Positive attitude, friendly and engaging.
- Excellent organizational skills, solution provider and proactive.
- Excellent sense of responsibility and priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage stress.
- A great attention to detail and ability to follow procedures.
- Adaptability, flexibility and effective skills in interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Superior knowledge of MS Office and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Photo & Video production experience is an asset.
- Print production experience is an asset.
- Event experience an asset.
- Flexible hours and days.
- Travel required, including weekends.