Do you understand financial reporting? Do you master tax requirements and employee & payroll? If you said yes to those first questions and, on top of that you are detailed oriented and good with numbers, and also happy to work on the small details as well as the bigger picture, this could be the job you are looking for.
We are looking for a professional that is good at picking up systems and understanding process and that is strong enough to control and enforce these processes. This person will report to the HR & Operations Director and work closely with the President performing the following tasks:
What you will do
- Manage all accounting operations including control system, transaction processing, tax compliance, Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, P&L, Cash Flows, etc) using Netsuite.
- Prepare various financial reports such as cash budget, variance analysis, and cost allocation.
- Maintains accounting records up to date at the company systems by entering data and processing backups when applicable.
- Review unusual transactions in the ERP system (Netsuite) monthly and improve deficiencies in the control system.
- Enters data for payroll processing preparing and submitting the bi-weekly payroll and responding to inquiries regarding payroll issues.
- Handle transactions among associated companies.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Prepare & Process financial year-end with accounting firm
- Communicate with external auditors and answer auditor’s inquiries.
- Produces receipts and reconciles payments received ensuring timely and efficient disbursement to purchasers.
- Prepares bank deposits in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Reconciles bank statements with general ledger.
- Work in conjunction with HR and Operations to optimize processes.
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting and Finance
- Strong experience with on accounting principles and procedures, creation of financial statements and payroll processing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both in French and English
- Excellent computer and software system skills
- Willing & engaged team player
- Good analytical, time management and problem-solving skills
- Organised, detail oriented and methodical approach
- Honesty, trustworthy and discretion